Monday, August 10, 2009

Suite Scarlett, Julia Child, and Pastries

Hello all! I've decided I will blog no matter what, for the rest of the summer, every day except the weekends and other extenuating circumstances. Fair? Good! On to your regularly scheduled programming. 

As I was surfing the Interweb today, checking Facebook and various things, I saw on Twitter that Maureen Johnson was going to give away Scarlett Fever, the sequel to Suite Scarlett. To get said book, you have to prove that you've read the book, considering that it is a sequel, or convince Maureen that you've read it. I tweeted her a quote from the book. Specifically, "I have literally been more passionate with a fake streetlight"-Spencer.

I hope quite much that I am picked, but I highly doubt it will happen. 

I saw Julie & Julia yesterday with my parents. As we were buying our tickets, a massive line of cars pulled up to the box office [the theater has the box office outside] and out popped 25 different elderly people. And they were all going to see Julie & Julia. What a coincidence.

But really, it was a good movie. Meryl Streep had Julia Child nailed. The whole movie made me really hungry. So last night, we promptly went to Target, and bought Julia Child's cookbook Mastering the Art of French Cooking. We're even making the Chicken rolled in Parmesan and Bread Crumbs. Or Suprêmes de Volailee à la Milanaise.

I like the English way. 

Prior to going to the movie, we went to this little cafe called Frida's. They have coffee and breakfast stuff, and pastries, and stuff like that. I got a bacon, egg and cheese breakfast panini and milk, because their coffee sucks terribly. 

So anyway, we got a few mini cakes [because I fully need more sugar].

School's in a week and one day. I'm oddly happy to be going back. I'm not sure about my teachers and stuff, but just to have all my friends around every day is going to be awesome. 

What the Buck? I just got the mail out of our mailbox, and I've somehow become eligible to travel and study in China in the summer of next year. And the thing's printed on this weird thick paper, like it's expensive or something. I feel like I'm being watched now. Like they've got those weird mini cameras that they had in the Spy Kids movies I was obsessed with as a kid. 

Oh, and a shout out to Ben, who's blog you should read. 

I just spent the last 5 minutes watching this video  from Flashdance. We danced to that song at the wedding reception I went to on Saturday. Oh the brilliance of dance movies. 

Well, everyone, I must be going now. Mazal tov, and see you tomorrow! <3

1 comment:

  1. As the metaphoric tears steam down my metaphoric face, I am flooded with joy at the mention of my blog with in one of your posts. Thank- thank you.

    1. That letter from China does sound a little sketchy. And, the Spy Kids trailer brings back oh so many memories and I must say, if that was the first time of me seeing that, I'd say it looks pretty epic. Haha

    2. Yay for the rest of the summer, except for weekends and other extenuating circumstances!!

    3. Your comment on my post from yesterday made me laugh, nod agreeingly, and air-punch for 'Speak'ing the truth! Sista!

    Haha, get it!?

    ReplyDelete