Tuesday, August 18, 2009

School Starts In One Week!

Yes, it's true. Exactly one week from today, I will be sitting on some horribly uncomfortable chair connected to a crappy desk in a classroom that looks like a prison cell. Or something to that effect.

And the sad thing is, I'm happy to go back. 

Well not exactly. I'm not happy to go back to the prison that my school looks like and is. But I'm happy to go back and see all my friends all day, every day, for another year. Take a conversation we had in Reading this past year for example.

At this time, I was going out with this non-to-bright kid Roger, as was explained in my Love Blog. We had reading together, and we had a long-term sub because our teacher had a child. As also said in my previous blog posts. As he didn't sit at the same group of desks as I did, my lovely table mates moved over so he could sit next to me. Then came several other teenage boys from the other groups, and soon enough, there were 10 of us sitting at one group of desks with multiple extra chairs pulled up, having a Yo Mamma joke contest. 

Then Roger had the wonderful idea to tell us about his strange dream the night before. That started a whole other discussion of the strange dreams we'd had. One of my table mates, Delaney, had a dream where she was running, and she hit her leg against her bedroom wall and woke herself up. I had one where I was being held down by some crazy women whose hair was snakes in a pool. She was screaming at me "GIVE ME MY CORN FLAKES!" I don't actually know what I had to eat before I went to bed that night, but it must have been something extremely strange. 

Then Roger told The Joke. The Joke that made us all die of laughter and the bitchy sub not let us talk. 

There was this woman. She was 88 years old. She wanted to kill herself. So she went to her doctor and asked him how to kill herself. "How do I kill myself?," she asked. "You simply shoot yourself two inches below your left boob," The Doctor said. So she went home, got herself the gun her husband kept in his dresser drawer, and shot herself two inches below her left boob. Do you know where the woman shot herself?

An inch above her left ankle. 

PFFFFFFFFFFFFF. 

That put us over the sound barrier, right there. 

You may be asking yourself at this moment in time, "So is that why you want to go back to school, Rachel? Because you'll be surrounded by juvenile boys making stupid jokes?" No, that is not exactly why I'm happy about going back to school. It's just the whole sense of being together, sitting in the same classes, enduring public education until we are released. Sitting around a group of desks making really crappy jokes, too. 

I guess you could call it a feeling of togetherness. Something like that. 

So yes. That is why I'm happy to go back to school. 

And that, folks, is your dose of Rachel-ness for today. Because to be honest, I'm getting creeped out. A cloud is set over my house, and it looks like it's either A) 3 a.m, or B) The Apocalypse. Goodbye for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment